WHY TRAVEL SOLO
For me, it was to find me again, when I booked my very first – solo travel, I was trying to run away from everyone and everything. All I wanted was to have some peace and some me time…….
Then I realised solo traveling was so awesome. It was so much more then just having me time…….
- It rebuilt my self confidence – I would have never in my wildest dream have had dinner in a restaurant all by myself and really enjoy the experience
- I could do what I wanted, when I wanted to – I was the Boss, that was awesome and scary at the same time, I could not blame someone else for my wrong or bad choices
- I really started to enjoy my own company, Lost and found in a new country, I realised I am capable of so much more, how did I realise this? No one was there to judge me so I let my self be me and did what I wanted.
- Its funny, when you don’t spend all the time talking, you get time to reflect.You get time to listen to your own thoughts. For me I spent a lot of time on, Who am I? What have I become? Who I want to be? What I need to do to be that person?
- All the reflecting helped me to grow and learn, and get more in touch with what my life’s purpose is.
- Finally, Solo Travelling for me is the best thing for mental health. I can not stress this enough, this is THE one thing no one thinks about, Mental Health. We all work on our health. We eat well and exercise etc, which is extremely important but we do this to look good when we are young, and to live longer when we start getting old ………… the simple fact is our body is controlled by our mind.