SOLO TRAVEL MUST HAVES
This is my Moto: Travel Safe, Travel Smart, Travel Solo
Travel Safe – Is most important thing on every travellers agenda. It is even more important when you are travelling Solo
- Travel Insurance – a must must must have …. No ifs ….. No Buts
- Copy all your Travel documents (leave one with a friend and keep one as a digital copy and one in your suitcase), alway carry the originals on you
- Blend in with the locals (Do not Spell out – you are a Tourist)
- Each country has a government site that is very important to take advantage of e.g for Australia its http://smartraveller.gov.au
Travel Smart – people say but this is just common sense. Yes, it sure is.
- Do not carry lots of cash, I use Cash Passport. Its easy to use, no extra cost to use the card and you are spending the money you have. It is not a credit card. You can also withdraw cash if needed
- Have a daily reporting system, make sure a friend or family member knows where you are at all times. The name of the hotel, town, city, country etc
- Invest in a really good bag for all your personal valuables – I use the Travel Navigator Neck Wallet and Passport Holder with RFID Blocking for Security. I wear this inside my top or dress.
- If you are getting a taxi alone, use a different drop off number on the same street. Do not accept offers for free ride to your hotel from people at the airport/ train station etc
- Do not wear expensive jewellery (Do not Spell out – you are rich)
Travel Solo – the only way to truly learn and grow is to get out of your comfort zone
- Invest in a good suitcase, travelling solo means you are going to have to carry all your bags. Up and down the stairs at the airport/ train stations/ buses/ taxis/ hotels etc
- Always be organise (your carry bag should have) – water bottle, umbrella, phone (fully charged), detailed local map, camera and for me notebook and pen 🙂
- Make friends with other solo travellers.
- Use local language (try it, something is better then nothing)
When travelling solo – Follow your heart, live your dream but take your brain with you