Madrid, the fantastic Spanish Capital, has it all, everything for rich and famous, everything for people Travelling on a Budget, like me.
When you are Travelling on a Budget, Some countries are hard to get around and enjoy, well in Madrid, you are going to have fun, enjoy every moment, doesn’t matter what your Budget.
The transfer from the airport to Madrid City is easy on Train or Bus and cheap. Just remember, you will have to carry your suitcase up and down the stairs to get in and out of Metro / Trains, Buses, etc. So Travel light and Travel Smart. (Pickpocketing is a big problem all over Europe)
Accommodation in Madrid is easy to find, lots of Hostels, Backpackers and Studio Style apartments available. I am staying at Gran Via, the Hub of the City, Also known as the Spanish Broadway, the street that never sleeps.
Food is to die for, Tapas bars everywhere, Gelato shops everywhere, also fast, cheap takeouts are everywhere. For me, I have a tiny little studio apartment perfect for Me, Myself and I. The condo has a small kitchen. I might as well make use of it. You can get your groceries from DIA (Calle de las Infantas, 21, 28004 Madrid, Spain) 7 mins walk from my apartment. There are few more Supermarkets close by if you are staying in Gran Via.
Gran Via is so close to all the attraction; you can walk everywhere. If you don’t like walking, public transport is easy to use and very cheap. You can also get yourself a day pass from the Tourist information center.
To see the sights in and around the city, you have lots to choose from, that’s right, this town is not just a business Hub, it has so much more to offer to its visitors, I got myself a Madrid Attractions Flexi Pass ( I Venture card). From 20 tours to pick from this is good value for money.
Madrid is famous for its beautiful gardens, parks, historical monuments, and water fountains. To enjoy this fantastic city, all you have to do is get out and get lost. I mean go exploring…. don’t worry about the maps etc. You will find hidden treasure and magical moments when you are not looking for them.
All these Places are Free or cost very little to visit
(1) Gran Via for shopping, Theatre, casino, cafes, etc
(2) Puerta Del Sol – vast pedestrianized public square
(3) Buen Retiro Park – a beautiful place for a picnic, you can easily spend the whole day here.
(4) Plaza Mayor Madrid – get the feel of authentic Spanish Culture here
(5) Royal Palace of Madrid– the Architecture of this Palace will leave you speechless
(6) Market Of San Miguel – get the feel of been a local
(7) Museum Cerralbo – Amazing collection of true treasures, a must visit if you like Enrique de Aguilera y Gambo
(8) The Sabatini Gardens – great place to enjoy the nature, admire the gardens and historical monuments
(9) Museo Nacional Del Prado – art collection from all over Europe
(10) Temple of Dead– ancient Egyptian Temple
Get the feel of what its like to be a Madrileno. (Local)
#Travelquote: “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
Join ME, MYSELF AND I … by Subscribing. You will receive instant access to all there is to know about ….. HOW TO #TRAVELSAFE #TRAVELSMART #TRAVELSOLO By YOGITA RIDGLEY 🙂