8 Things you must do before you book your flights.
THE IDEA OF GOING ON HOLIDAY OR TRAVELING IS SO EXCITING. MOST OF THE TIME, WE GET CAUGHT UP IN THIS EXCITEMENT AND BOOK THE FLIGHTS.
Then you find out that you need to get a visa or your passport is due to expire in few months.
Here is my checklist to help you avoid the last minute expense and anxiety.
(1) VISA – each country has different regulations when it comes to Visas so please check your government site. Or check the World Visa site or for Australian travelers.
(2) IMMUNISATION – not all countries require travelers to be immunized, please check before you have this done.
(3) PASSPORT – remember all countries require you to have a valid passport, you must have at least 6 months before your passport expires. If you have less than that you will not be allowed to board the aircraft without customs authorization from your destination country.
(4) RESEARCH – the country or destination you are visiting, don’t only look at social media and travel companies websites, look up the government sites of the country, read up on the weather, politics, current affairs etc.
(5) SUBSCRIBE TO SMART TRAVELER – you will receive free email notifications when the information for your destination changes and you will have all the contact details of the local officials. It is important to know where your Embassy is in the country you are visiting and how to contact them if required.
(6) GET TRAVEL INSURANCE – is a must have, especially if you are traveling overseas. Accidents, Getting sick, Bad weather, Theft, Delay or Missing Flights etc – all these are unexpected and unforeseen but it does happen. Better safe than sorry I say.
(7) LOOK FOR DIRECT FLIGHTS – with less the 3 hours layover time. DON’T make the mistake of booking cheap flights that have 9 or more hours of layover time. This means you are going to spend more money at the airport or on things like hotel, food, drinks etc and you will be tired when you get to your destination.
(8) CHECK THE NAME ON YOUR PASSPORT MATCHES YOUR TICKET– book your flights with exactly the same spelling of your name on the passport. Just got married? Passport is in maiden name and ticket is in your married name ….. guess what you are not going to get on that flight. Spelling the name wrong will cost around $300.00 to change!
#Travelquote: “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
Join ME, MYSELF AND I … by Subscribing. You will receive instant access to all there is to know about ….. HOW TO #TRAVELSAFE #TRAVELSMART #TRAVELSOLO By YOGITA RIDGLEY ?