HOW TO AVOID JETLAG
Jetlag not only makes you feel awful, it also chews into your precious holiday time. Sometimes people take 2 to 3 days to recover from the jetlag.
When your flight time is between
– 3 to 5 hours, you don’t have to worry about jetlag.
– 7 to 10 hours you need to be aware of what your body needs and wants.
– 10 to 25 plus hours you really need to be organized and take extra care of your body and mind.
With these 15 tips hopefully, you can travel like a pro without any jetlag issues or problems
(1) Get a good night sleep before you fly. A rested body and rested mind is ready for anything and everything.
(2) For flight time 3 to 5 hours, pick flights that arrive at your destination in the daytime.
(3) Long flights 10 – 25 plus hours, split up the trip by adding on a stopover. Breaking your journey doesn’t just give you a break from your long flight it also gives you a chance to visit another country.
(4) When on a long flight, book aircraft that is new or big. Might be a bit more expensive but the extra leg room and the modern technology with better lights and air system makes a big difference to your body.
(5) For flights 7 hours or more, avoid having alcohol before and during your flight. This causes dehydration hence making your body feel tired. You are better off having that glass of wine when you arrive at your destination.
(6) Don’t overeat, just because airlines serve you food doesn’t mean you have to eat everything on the plate.
(7) Drink lots of water, it is very important to keep your body hydrated.
(8) Say no to coffee and tea. BYO green or herbal tea, ask for hot water, it is free. Great way to relax your body.
(9) Get up and walk around. The more you move and stretch the better you will feel.
(10) Wear comfortable clothes. Do not worry about fashion, trust me no one is judging your fashion sense on these long flights.
(11) Keep your local time and follow that till you land. Meaning eating, sleeping etc according to your local time. (When food is serviced and it’s not your breakfast, lunch or dinner time, save the food). Long-haul flights you can ask the air hostess to keep your food for when you are hungry. Most airlines are very accommodating.
(12) Sleep, for this you need to have ear plugs, eye mask, good pillow and a warm blanket.
(13) Read or watch something funny, when you laugh your body produces endorphins, feel-good brain chemicals. This also helps relieve pain.
(14) On flights, do not, repeat does not take sleeping tablets. When you are stuck in a small seat and no fresh air, all the sleeping pills will do is make you feel agitated when you land.
(15) Mindset, prepare yourself for the flight. Just like anything when you are prepared and have a plan in place, time goes fast and you don’t feel bored or stuck.
Travelquote: “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
NEED TO BOOK YOUR NEXT HOLIDAY??? SHOP HERE
NEED INFORMATION ON MINDSET??? LEARN MORE
Join ME, MYSELF AND I … by Subscribing. You will receive instant access to all there is to know about about Solo travel to Self Discovery. Unleash the power of your Authentic Self.