PARIS, ONE OF MY FAVORITE CITY
Paris, the city of love. Love as you and I know it is not what city of love means. Yes, this city is the most romantic city in the world. It is a very popular destination for weddings and honeymoons. But that is not why I had dreamed of visiting Paris ever since I was a young girl.
What I fell in love with was the elegance and glamour, beauty and passion for art, literature, and fashion. The passion for writing and creating. You name it: Artists, writers, painters, designers, and dreamers, they all came to Paris for inspiration.
THINGS YOU MUST DO AND SEE IN PARIS
- EIFFEL TOWER – Walk up the stairs if you can, the view really is amazing. Take time to enjoy without the camera.
- CHAMP DE MARS – Beautiful park next to Eiffel Tower, perfect for a nice picnic dinner and admiring the Eiffel Tower glowing like a candle in the dark sky.
- THE OPERA GARNIER – this is also known as Paris Opera, the most important building in Paris. Have a drink at Cafe de La Paix.
- GALERIES LAFAYETTE – this is the most famous shopping center, if you are not big on shopping like me, you must go to just admire the building and window shop, the experience is priceless.
- NOTRE DAME – is a medieval Catholic cathedral. Just amazing to look at from the river at night.
- ARC DE TRIOMPHE – one of the most famous landmarks in Paris, 164ft high and 148ft wide, L’Arc de Triomphe is the second largest arch in the world. From the top of this Arc, you will get the best sunset over Paris.
- CHAMPS ELYSEES – The Avenue de Champs – Elysees is 1.9 km long and 70 m wide. Best way to experience this magical city is a walk from Arc de Triomphe to Place de la Concorde at. night. Day is nice for shopping and eating but night really is something else.
- LOUVRE – the Louvre is the world’s largest art museum. The pyramid style glass you see as you arrive is art on its own, the most popular painting you will find here is the famous Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci.
- JARDIN DES TUILERIES – this is a public garden between Louvre and Place de la Concorde. It is an amazing place to sit back and people watch, Locates enjoy this garden for sun turning and picnics.
- FOUNTAIN SAINT MICHEL – Fontaine constructed in 1858 by the architect Gabriel Davioud. Don’t forget to sit in one of the beautiful cafes around this and enjoy croissant
- JARDIN DU LUXEMBOURG – the Luxembourg garden was designed in 1612 by Marie De Medici (widow of King Henry IV). I can not believe how beautiful this garden is and the Palace well, what can I say, some people do know how to live in style.
- PANTHEON – is located in the Latin Quarter, it was originally a church dedicated to St. Genevieve. The building is absolutely magnificent from outside, the inside will take your breath away.
- TROCADERO – Historical landmark, at night this place comes alive with music, dancing and people just hanging out enjoying the views and admiring the Eiffel Tower. My favorite place in Paris city.
- MOULIN ROUGE – is a cabaret, Yes, it is one of the most popular landmarks in Paris. Walking inside is nothing less of elegance and sophistication. Beautifully appointed table setting with soft lighting sets the mood for an experience of a lifetime.
- MONTMARTRE – this is a large hill on the North of Paris (The view is amazing from here,(however it is not so safe part of Paris if you are Solo Traveler going during the day).
- PONT ALEXANDRE 111 – the most beautiful bridge I have ever seen, sitting over River Seine with the fascinating design of street lights. This bridge is regarded as the most ornate and extravagant bridge in Paris. I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS BRIDGE. Even though it is beautiful during the day, you must see it at night.
#Travelquote: “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Join ME, MYSELF AND I … by Subscribing. You will receive instant access to all there is to know about ….. HOW TO #TRAVELSAFE #TRAVELSMART #TRAVELSOLO By YOGITA RIDGLEY ?